The INDIA IT FORUM, JAPAN (now under The Indian Commerce and Industry Association Japan) is an industry body managed by IT industry representatives based in Japan. The first India IT Forum meeting was held in November 15, 2000 at the Indian Embassy in Tokyo with the participation of around 44 Indian IT professionals based in and around Tokyo. The idea behind forming the Forum was to organize meetings amongst Indian IT professionals in Japan and to establish a platform for the exchange of ideas and opinions. Subsequent meetings of the India IT Forum incorporated participation of members from Japanese companies who are interested in building networks with Indian IT companies. Later on, from November 2002, management and running of the IT Forum was handed over by the Embassy to IT industry representatives. The Embassy of India continues to support the India IT Forum. Over the years, the India IT Forum has had more than 60 seminars and events under its banner and has established itself as the most reliable source of information about India – Japan IT interactions in Japan. It is also supported actively by NASSCOM, India.
The India IT Forum stands for and strongly supports the underlying values – Leadership of Indian IT in the IT services market in Japan, responsibility towards India, act as a brand ambassador for India, co-existence with Japanese business practices while maintaining the integrity of Indian business practices.
Aims and Objectives:
India IT Forum is a community of forward looking professionals directly or indirectly associated with the information technology industry. The primary aims and objectives of the Forum are:
- To act as a bridge between India and Japan in the information technology sector.
- To promote Indian IT and IT enabled services to Japanese companies.
- To support Indian companies in reaching out to prospective customers or partners in Japan.
- Facilitate enhanced association, collaboration and business transactions between Indian and Japanese companies in the field of information technology.
- To build an online database/directory of members who can use the Forum as a platform to reach out to each other.
- To hold lectures, discussions, seminars, open forums and so forth on subjects related to information technology and business between India and Japan.
- To make periodic presentations about the current status of the Indian industry.
- To provide members with a meeting ground for the exchange of ideas and information, and to foster the spirit of co-operative effort and the sharing of experience and technical know-how.
- To enlighten IT professionals and business decision makers on the current issues of IT and the ways of deploying leading edge technologies so as to enhance the competitive advantages of their organisations.
- To publish and distribute newsletters, technical papers and so forth so that members may keep abreast of the advances in IT.
- To be a single window of information for Indian and Japanese organizations seeking information and data about the respective countries.
The Executive Commitee:
- Mr. V. Sriram (Director, ICIJ)
- Mr. Harsh Obrai (Director, Kitatec & Director, India IT Forum, Japan)
- Mr. Aniruddha Mallik (Founder & CEO, Agera Consulting)
- Mr. Suhas Bhargava (Client Partner at a Global Tier 1 IT Services Company)
- Mr. Subramania Natarajan (Founder & Director, Infoview)
- Mr. Sreenivas Unnamatla (Head, IT Business, Wipro Technologies Japan)
India IT Forum Seminars:
The India IT Forum holds its seminars usually once every two months at the Indian Embassy, Tokyo, or at other locations in various parts of Japan. These seminars, which are attended by individuals associated with the IT industry and representatives of more than 200 IT related companies, both Japanese and Indian, include presentations by prominent experts and business leaders in the field of Information Technology and are followed by a business exchange dinner. The bi-monthly IT Forum seminars are also held to coincide with high level visits of IT related dignitaries from India. The IT Forum seminars also provide a platform for information sharing and business networking.